Vernyayev’s coach: Refereeing was fair
Small mistake that the Ukrainian athlete allowed in the last exercise in his event cost him gold Olympic medal
‘Oleg did a great job; however, he allowed a mistake at the landing, as he was performing the last exercise. That foul cost him 0.3 points, which eventually sealed the fate of the gold medal,’ said Hennadiy Sartynsky, the coach of Ukrainian gymnast Oleg Vernyayev who has most recently claimed silver in his event.
According to Sartynsky who gave an interview to Ukraine’s National Olympic Committee, there’s a rule in rhythmic gymnastics saying that no protests against the judges’ marks for the performance are allowed. The official said that the refereeing was fair.
‘Such decorated athlete as the three-time Olympic champion Kohei Uchimura is always two steps ahead of his opponents, and he has always enjoyed great advantage over them. But back then, Oleg managed to take the true fight to him! I guess it was a good start’, Sartynsky concluded.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars