Ukrainian sportsman became modern pentathlon athlete of the year
Pavlo Tymoschenko won the World Cup in Rome and then in Berlin became the second World Champion in the history of Ukraine
Ukrainian Pavlo Tymoschenko was recognized the best modern pentathlon athlete of the 2015 year during Union Internationale de Pentathlon Modern (UIPM) Congress in Taiwan, Xsport.
"In 2015, the first Roman Tymoschenko won the World Cup and then in Berlin was the second in the history of Ukraine World Champion," as said in a statement.
Lithuanian world number one Laura Asadauskaite got the female award.
In addition, the UIPM Congress adopted changes related to the simplification and optimization of the rules. "The changes include a "comprehensive review" and update of the entire structure of the UIPM, including changes to simplify and reduce the number of rules on internal organisations, and an adoption of a code of ethics in line with the latest IOC requirements that provides for a clear and efficient procedure in cases of litigation," according to the message.
By the way, Chairman Athletes Commission of the International Union of Modern Pentathlon is another sporstmen Ukrainian team Dmitry Kyrpulyanskyy.
The 2018 UIPM Congress will take place in Barcelona.
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain