Ukrainian government expects national Olympic team to finish in world’s top 20
Respective decree has been published at the Cabinet’s website
Currently, athletes of Ukraine’s national teams in different sports already have 197 licenses in 24 kinds of sport; thus, they exceeded more licenses than requested by the government to participate in the forthcoming summer Olympics in Rio.
“Ukraine’s national Olympic team must obtain up to 180 licenses for participation in the 31st Summer Olympic Games. The team should enter the top 20 of the world’s strongest sports nation”, reads the draft plan of the government’s priority steps in 2016.
At the previous Summer Olympics in London in 2012, Ukraine finished 14th in the team standings. The Yellow Blues won 6 gold, 5 silver and 9 bronze medals.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case