Ukrainian fencers won World Cup medals and Olympic licenses
The World Cup stages took place In Vancouver and Buenos Aires
Ukrainian fencers (men and women) have successfully completed their performances in the license selection for the XXXI Olympic Games which will take place in August in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), reported UNIAN.
Ukrainian fencer men's team ranked third at the World Cup stage in Vancouver. Current world champions defeated US and German teams on the way to the semifinals, but lost to Kazakhstan team in a step from the final.
Also our athletes took second place in the world ranking male fencer teams that provides them a ticket to the Games in Rio 2016.
Also earlier we informed that in 2015 Olympic campus were opened in Kyiv.
In turn, the Ukrainian female team took fourth place during the World Cup stage in Buenos Aires. With this result women rose to seventh place in the world ranking female fencer teams and also guaranteed themselves a ticket to Olympic Games 2016.
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain