Ukrainian fans involved in fights during football matches will be travel banned
Ukraine signs CoE’s Convention on Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events
The Convention, developed by the Council of Europe, foresees that countries, which signed it, will implement extra restrictions against their citizens involved in acts of violence during sport events. Ukraine became the 15th country to sign the new document that is supposed to replace the old Convention.
Russia signed the document, too.
Ten more countries promised to join the convention later, during the forthcoming conference of sports ministers, slated for November 2016.
The new Convention recommends banning perpetrators from visiting stadiums and traveling to other countries while hosting international matches.
In case of ratification of the document, the country’s government will be obliged to make amendments to the national law and introduce sanctions against potentially dangerous fans, preventing them from visiting stadiums. The ban can be introduced both in the country where the violation was committed and in the country of a perpetrator’s residence or citizenship.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case