Ukrainian boxer won the title of WBO world champion
Vasyl Lomachenko in his seventh fight in professional boxing overcame Roman Martinez from Puerto Rico
Ukrainian boxer Vasyl Lomachenko in his seventh fight in professional boxing overcame Roman Martinez from Puerto Rico and won the title of WBO world champion of the second featherweight (up to 58.967 kg).
With a significant advantage in the battle, which took place in New York (USA), Lomachenko, sending his opponent in a knockout in round 5 of the strike from the right, set a world speed record of winning world title in two weight classes.
Lomachenko is an Olympic champion of 2008 and 2012. In July 2013 he signed a contract with American promotion company Top Rank Promotions, which he prolonged in early May 2015 for another five years.
Watch the video:
Boxing: Fury team changes rematch date again 24 September, 10:47
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars