Ukrainian boxer became Intercontinental fighter of the year
Olexandr Usyk is preparing for his next fight, which to take place in December
At the 28th Congress of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), which these days took place in Orlando, Ukrainian southpaw was awarded with the title "Intercontinental Boxer of the Year".
Few days before it, Olexandr Usyk, who moved to Bukovel, a largest ski resort in Ukraine, told about his preparation for his next fight, which to take place in December. He trains together with his children, it gives him more energy: "I do my exercises with the children. ... I jet them up and it is really interesting for them to fly high like a rocket . Isn't it?"
Olexandr has got three children: Misha, a toddler, Kyrylo 13.5-14 kg weighs, Liza, the eldest one. "I alternate them - lighter one and heavier one. And, you know, it is quite good workload," he says. The boxer adds that if his son will not choose the way of boxing, he will definitely succeed in football.
The name of his next oponent is still unkown. "I'd like to box with all the champions. If they have the same desire, I am ready," said Usyk.
Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award 24 October, 08:00
Boxing: Fury stripped of license 13 October, 16:02
Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year 24 October, 12:30
Boxing: WBO to take away champion’s belt from Fury 11 October, 15:35
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case