Ukrainian biathlete caught cheating
Olga Abramova has been suspended from international competitions for doping drugs
The International Biathlon Federation banned Ukrainian athlete Olga Abramova from participation in international competitions, the federation’s website reported.
Abramova’s drug test showed that her blood contained mildronate, which is internationally considered illicit since January 1, 2016. Abramova’s doctors said she took the drug in November 2015.
In the current season, Abramova managed to claim bronze for Ukraine in relay race at a World Cup stage.
Most recently, TASS reported that the International Association of Athletics Federations suspended more than four thousand Russian athletes due to a number of doping scandals closely tied to their names.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case