Ukrainian athlete to skip Summer Olympics in Rio for failing anti-doping test
Yulia Kalyna suffers two-year-long disqualification from all international competitions
Head coach of Ukraine’s national athletic team Yuriy Kuchynov reported that Yulia Kalyna is disqualified from the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio (Sport-express). According to him, her blood samples were positive for performance-enhancing drugs – twice.
The Sport Arbitrary Court in Lausanne suspended the Ukrainian athlete for two years. ‘That means that the leader of our team and the key pretender for the award of Summer Olympic 2016 in the category up to 63 kilograms cannot perform at the approaching Olympics on Rio’, Yuriy Kuchynov said.
Yulia Kalyna, 27, is a famous Ukrainian weightlifter. She claimed silver at the 2009 World Championship in Goyang, and she also is the prize winner at different stages of European Championships in 2009, 2014 and 2015.
Today, the International Olympic Committee ruled that Kalyna has been disqualified from the Games of the 2012 Olympics in London, and ordered her to return the bronze medal from the 58kg weightlifting event. ‘Reanalysis of Kalyna’s samples from London 2012 resulted in a positive test for the prohibited substance Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (turinabol)’, reads the message at the IOC’s website.
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Boxing: Fury team changes rematch date again 24 September, 10:47
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee