Ukraine’s Parliament to turn to FIFA, asking to cancel 2018 World Cup in Russia
The respective bill has been submitted on Tuesday
The Verkhovna Rada is working on the address to FIFA; the bill No.4681 is already submitted for consideration. The text so far has not been available.
Earlier, FIFA said the 2018 World Cup in Russia would not be boycotted, even despite the Kremlin’s military aggression against Ukraine. The Association insisted on its principal position that “politics and sport do not mix”.
Previously, FIFA already found itself in an awkward situation, when it approved the promotion video for the 2018 World Cup. It featured the map posing Crimea as part of Russia. Soon after that, the video was deleted from the Web, and FIFA officially apologized to Ukraine for the incident.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case