Ukraine won right to host European Championships in high diving in 2017
One of the main opponents of Kyiv's application was Russian city of Kazan
The Executive Committee of the European swimming league decided to give Ukraine the exclusive right to hold the European Championship in high diving in 2017, reported the press service of the Ukrainian Federation of diving.
"The tournament will be held in 2017 in Kyiv. The venue will be the Palace of Water Sports "Liko-Arena" - the main base for training Ukrainian divers, built by the National Federation president Igor Lysov. Arena can seat 450 spectators and is fully compliant with the European Federation ", - said in a statement.
It is noted that one of the main opponents of Kyiv application was the Russian city of Kazan, who took the World Championship Aquatics 2015. "Russians offered to the European Federation much bigger budget than Ukraine, but the advantage was given to Kyiv", - underlined in the message.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case