Ukraine wins silver and gold at Rio Paralympics
Olga Kovalchuk received silver and Iryna Chernyak brings gold
Ukrainian athletes now won eleven medals for the Ukrainian team at the Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Olga Kovalchuk and Iryna Chernyak received silver and gold medals, according to the National Paralympic Committee of Ukraine.
"The second day of competition in Rio began to Ukraine with silver and gold for Ukraine! We have eleven medals now! Olga Kovalchuk won at P2 exercise in air pistol (40 shots from a distance of 10 m)", reads the statement.
The first gold medal as of September 9 was won by judoka Iryna Chernyak in 57 kg wage category. She won over the Brazilian competitor.
“Go-go-go Ukraine!!!” – congratulates National Paralympic Committee.
First Paralympic day was very bright for Ukrainian team bringing 9 medals - 1 gold, 1 silver and 7 bronze medals and the third place the total medal standings.
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case