Ukraine to file appeal on results of Rio’s final fixture in Greco-Roman wrestling
Zhan Belenyuk lost gold to Russian athlete due to clash of interests by Georgian judge, - Ukraine’s sport minister
Ihor Zhdanov, Ukraine’s sport minister claimed that the country will officially file an appeal on the result of the final fixture in Greco-Roman wrestling. In it, Ukraine’s Zhan Belenyuk won silver, losing to Russian wrestler of Georgian origin Davit Chakvetadze.
According to the minister, Belenyuk looked much better during the fixture than his opponent. However, the judge, Georgian by origin, obviously faced some sort of clash of interests, and decided that the Russian was more worthy of gold medal. Social network users write that the judge lives in Tver’, Russia.
‘I called Zhan Belenyuk, telling him that he’s the true champion to us, that his silver is actually gold for us. I reckon the judges failed. Then, I spoke to Oleg Kravchenko, the President of Federation of Wrestling; I told him that the Federation should file an appeal’, Zhdanov said.
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case