Ukraine overtook US in final medal standings of Paralympics 2016, taking 3rd place
The US team finished their performances at the Paralympics
USA paralympic team finished their performances at the Paralympics, without leving behind our team, Ukraine ranked third in the medal standings.
The intrigue remained until the last minute, our team has finished their competitions yesterday, having on account 41 gold medals, and the closest rivals - the US team - had 40 gold medals, but Americans still had to participate in two marathons and final rugby on wheelchairs.
In the men's marathon, American athletes were not even in the top three, but the women's marathon made spectators to worry enough - record holder from the US has lost the "gold" to Chinese woman Liong Zhu on the photo finish, losing a split second.
Final of rugby on wheelchairs was too difficult - teams of Australia and the United States have played two overtimes, and the Australians won literally in the last seconds with a score of 59:58.
At the two previous Paralympics, Ukraine took the fourth place, but the Games in Rio brought our athletes to the third place in the medal standings, and the record number of medals - 117.
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain