Ukraine not to host EuroBasket 2017
FIBA rejected Ukraine as an applicant for the event
International Federation of Basketball Association (FIBA) has rejected Ukraine's application for men's matches in EuroBasket 2017, as stated at the official site of FIBA.
"FIBA Europe announced on Thursday that five Federations have applied to organise EuroBasket 2017. Finland, Israel, Poland, Romania and Turkey have all confirmed an official bid before the 2 November deadline. The bidding process for EuroBasket 2017 was opened on 1 October," according to the statement. The evaluation commissions will visit all candidate venues in the month of November and submit their report to the FIBA Europe Board, which will discuss and decide the hosts at its next session on 12 December 2015.
As it was the case with EuroBasket 2015 there are three hosting options available: organise the whole event, one Group Phase group or a Group Phase group and the Final Phase.
'Black Monday' strikes to protest abortion law in Poland 4 October, 12:55
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas