Ukraine - Iceland football match in Kyiv
First match of national team after break
After the failure on Euro 2016 Ukrainian national team starts the qualification for the 2018 World Cup match against the team from Iceland.
Back in 2013 FIFA punished Ukrainian team with a match without spectators in the qualification for the World Cup for racism on the stadium. So, Ukrainian fans will be able to watch the match on the TV screens and in the fan zones. Certainly, the lack of a living support will impact the game of Ukraine’s team, but Ukrainians had to be prepared for the empty stadium.
The match against Iceland will be the first match for young coach Andriy Shevchenko. Given his status as a world-class soccer star, the attention is guaranteed. This means that even simple mistakes will be visible all at once.
Shevchenko made his first choice of the players quite interesting, especially choosing several young performers. Do not think that many of them will play in the starting lineup, but the fact of confidence in young people is interesting and respectable. The composition of Ukraine’s team will be similar to that played at Euro.
The same can be said about Iceland, which has left its mark in the history of football. Now it is the turn for the islanders to show themselves on the world stage. Those match quires difficult, there is no doubt. But we must understand, whereby it is possible to beat the tenacious opponent, and then anything can happen.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case