Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0
Manager of the Yellow Blues Andriy Shevchenko makes his first step to 2018 FIFA World Cup finals
The Ukrainian team decisively prevailed over their opponents from Kosovo national team. Despite the fact that opponents showed certain level of organization and skills in their defense lines, the initiative mostly stayed with the Yellow Blues throughout the game.
The match took place on a neutral field in Krakow, Poland, since Ukraine officially does not recognize the Republic of Kosovo.
In the first half, Ukraine opened score thanks to Artem Kravets. The second half was a bit more nervous for both squads, as players fouled more often – especially the Kosovo team. Over the last 10 minutes in the game, Yarmolenko and Rotan’ made the score more than convincing: 3-0.
That’s the first victory for Ukraine in this cycle of qualification games for 2018 FIFA World Cup finals. Thus, the team has now 5 points of 9 possible, after 3 games; previously, Ukraine played two draws – against Turkey (2:2) and Iceland (1:1).
Next on the schedule, Ukraine will face Finland. The meeting will take place in Odesa, southern Ukraine, on November 12.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels