Ukraine claims first gold at 2016 Rio Paralympics
Swimmer Yevhen Bohodayko wins in 100 m backstroke race event
The first Ukrainian gold at these Paralympics went to the swimmer Yevhen Bohodayko; he completed the distance in 1.10.55. The National Paralympic Committee reported this at Facebook.
‘The award is even more important because Bohodayko won it in the event that is actually not his strong point. He overcame Jonathan Fox from the UK, who is considered the favorite in this event’, the Committee’s press service reported.
The first day of 2016 Paralympics proved to be a triumphal one for Ukraine’s national team. It won nine medals – a gold, a sliver and seven bronze.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case