'As far as our opponents are concerned, nothing surprised us. We expected this type of football. I think of the 16 goals they scored in qualifying, nine were from set pieces, so we knew that and we prepared for this kind of football. We made major mistakes on the pitch. We weren’t prepared enough mentally. Perhaps our players overestimated the opponent and underestimated the effort needed to get victory. We allowed them to play their own football – that’s why we lost,' Fomenko said as quoted by UEFA.com.
11:01 29.06.2017 Russia prepares responsive measures in reply to arrest of their diplomatic property in the U.S.
UEFA.com: We lost because we allowed opponents to play their own football, - Fomenko
Ukraine’s coach comments on the outcome of the match with Northern Ireland
Related: Ukraine vs Northern Ireland: 0-2
UEFA special committee to visit Crimea in September 2017 18 June, 21:09
Football: Oleg Gusev back in Dynamo Kyiv 13 June, 17:22
Ukraine to play match with Turkey in Kharkiv 14 June, 16:05
FIFA World Cup qualification: Ukraine defeats Finland 12 June, 10:39
- POLITICS11:31US Senate approves $700 billion defense budget bill
- UKRAINE TOP 11:30Money not likely main motive of cyberattackers, - UN
- POLITICS11:01Russia prepares responsive measures in reply to arrest of their diplomatic property in the U.S.
- UKRAINE TOP 10:45Russia, America to hold talks on Ukraine’s Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 10:08Kyiv court continues hearing in Yanukovych case
- POLITICS10:02America ready to strike Syria after news on Assad chemical weapon, - CNN
- UKRAINE TOP 09:20Ukraine-Canada Free Trade Agreement to take force on August 1
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:42Militants shell 35 times in Donbas, one Ukrainian soldier killed
- UKRAINE TOP 08:09Microsoft confirms complicity of M.E.Doc to Petya virus spread
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:2711 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine conflict zone
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine