UEFA.com: Wales vs Slovakia, - post-match comments
An "amazing experience" and "unpleasant defeat", read here what coaches have said.
Chris Coleman, Wales coach
That was an amazing experience. We didn't know what to expect; it's our first tournament. When we walked out on to the pitch the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic, the Welsh fans and the Slovakian fans: great atmosphere.
It was a great game. At both ends, it was physical, it was a good game of football but it's a fantastic three points.
Sometimes you make substitutions, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. We needed to get further up the pitch. That's what Hal [Robson-Kanu, who came off the bench to score the winner] gives us.
He came on and he got in behind the defence, he got our defenders ten or 20 yards further up the pitch which meant it was away from our goal because they were there for too long, 15, 20 minutes on top of us. But we got out.
Ján Kozák, Slovakia coach
Of course any defeat is unpleasant, especially at a EURO. I knew whoever scored first would have a big advantage as Wales have a well-organised defence. After we conceded we were not really comfortable on the ball, we lost possession, but after half-time we did our best and equalised. Towards the end both teams tried to win, it was an open game, and they had a bit more luck.
At half-time I talked to the full-backs, I told them to be more active in attack. I think [Róbert] Mak and [Vladimír] Weiss did get more support from the full-backs after that. When I brought on [Ondrej] Duda and [Adam] Nemec it was a bit of a risk, but you have to deal with these scenarios. We could have prevented the second goal, but that's football.
Read full article here.
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars