UEFA.com: England vs Russia, - post-match press conference
'Tough pill to swallow', Roy Hodgson says after last-gasp 1-1 tie
Leonid Slutsky, Russia's head coach
My players stuck at it until the end and they rescued a point, which is tricky to do. England dominated the match, but we were still able to contain them and their dangerous forwards.
We were playing against a 4-3-3 or even a diamond system, so we were prepared for those two different tactical alternatives – we were prepared to play against both systems. We focused on their movement. As for their intensity, we tried to outdo them. That said, England are one of the quickest teams on the planet so I don't know if we were able to succeed in what I'd planned.
Roy Hodgson, England's manager
I have the same emotions as the players. To say we are bitterly disappointed would be an understatement. We were that close to a deserved victory and to lose it with one minute of injury time remaining is a tough pill to swallow, but that happens in football.
There'll be a lot of things we will want to take forward and hopefully we'll be able to put the memory of this last-minute goal behind us.
I thought we were good for the first 45 minutes and the last 30 minutes of the second half. We weren't very good for the first 15 minutes of the second half and allowed them to play too many long balls forward. For 15 minutes we didn't establish the control we had, but we overcame that and re-established control.
Read full article here: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2320686.html
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas