UEFA Europa League: Shaktar Donetsk faces Schalke 04 in Lviv today
The game of the round of the last 32 will begin at 10 p.m local time
As is known, the Ukrainian and German teams will play two legs of UEFA Europa League’s round of the last 32. The first leg is slated in Lviv, western Ukraine, for February 18; the second leg will take place on February 25 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.
Former forward of Shakhtar and Ukraine’s national team Andriy Vorobey gave an interview to “Komanda” sport outlet, where he shared his expectations and forecasts for the game. “The German team is in great shape, while Shakhtar is just getting there, practicing for the spring half-season. That’s actually a big disadvantage of all Ukrainian teams playing in European competitions in February and March. On the other hand, Lucescu’s squad has much more experience in international competitions, which of course include the team’s performance in UEFA Champions League. I guess it’s going to be a match between teams equal in strength”, Vorobey said.
Previously, 112 International reported that three of Shakhtar's players are injured and thus can't help their squad in the game against Schalke.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case