UEFA Europa League: Man United defeats Zorya Luhansk
Ibrahimovic scored the only goal, securing the home victory in tough fixture with Ukrainian team
Manchester United outplayed Zorya FC from Luhansk, Ukraine’s debutant in UEFA Europa League, with minimal score 1-0. The guests fought for their moments desperately and actually forced an entrance.
Even though the home team kept the ball for most of the time, the guests were able to hold the opponents far enough from their own goals. In the second half, Zorya received enough space and found ways to create several opportunities to score; however, it was Man United who eventually scored and thus sealed the victory. Zorya’s goalkeeper Shevchenko couldn’t cope with Ibrahimovic’s header, thus burying his team’s hopes for another point in the second round of Europa League.
Previously, Zorya played a 1-1 draw against Fenerbahce.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels