UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight
So far, Ukrainian clubs have had more luck than their Turkish opponents in European football cups
Dynamo – Besiktas
UEFA Champions League Group Stage, Round 2
Istanbul, Vodafone Arena
September 28, 2016, 21.45 local time
After the home loss to Napoli, Kyivites should prove their intentions are more serious than that. This time, the opponent won’t be easy one, too.
There’s much talking about Dynamo in Ukraine now; the champions haven’t been in their best shape since the beginning of the season (zero victories in four matches); eventually, Dynamo defeated Olympic in last weekend’s game (4-0). Therefore, there’s still some hint of optimism in the upcoming game against Besiktas. How come?
So far in this season, Ukrainian and Turkish teams have already played several fixtures in European football cups – all of them more or less in favor of Ukrainian squads. Istanbul and Konyaspor were defeated by Shakhtar, while Fenerbahce nearly lost to Zorya.
Now it’s up to the Turkish champions who at first tied a draw with Benfica, and then had another draw in the derby match last weekend against their principal opponent Galatasaray. Playing against serious opponents of such caliber surely drained Besiktas, but they must be in pretty competitive mood today.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars