Top seed Williams commented on her defeat from Svitolina: best man win
The sportswoman is disappointed with this outcome
The top seed Serena Williams commented on her knock-out in the third round from the Ukrainian Elina Svitolina (4: 6, 3: 6) at the Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.
"It's obviously disappointing but, you know, she played really well and I think the better player won today," - CNN quotes Williams.
"I can't wait for the next time and I know next time it's going to be a really good match. I'll look forward to it. It didn't work out the way I wanted to, but at least I was able to make it to Rio. That was one of my goals."
As we reported earlier, Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina defeated top-seed Serena Williams in the 1/8 final of the women's tournament in the Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case