The water in pools in Rio turned green due to contact with chemicals
There was a leak from the tanks for water purification
The water in the pool Maria Lenk Aquatic Center, which hosts the Olympic competition in diving and water polo, turned green due to the leakage of chemicals from the tanks for water purification. It is reported by Eurosport.
It reported that as a result of contact of chemicals with water, pH-level of water changed, followed changed color. It is noteworthy that earlier the representative of the Olympics organizing committee as the reasons for changing the color of the water called the drop of the alkali level.
Yesterday, 12 August in the morning the pool temporarily closed, reported Daily Mail. Olympic organizers said that the color changes are not dangerous for the athletes and the decision to close the pool was made solely because of the need to double-check what caused the change in color.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case