Summer 2015 TOP-10 of the Most Important Transfers
112.ua closely followed what was happening on the European transfer market
Summer 2015 has ended, and with it ended the transfer ‘window’ in European football. It could not be called a special one - those who used to spend a lot, did it, and thrifty teams managed to get good players for a moderate payment.
As usual, England appeared to be the biggest spender. Premier League clubs bought new players for £ 870 million, which had updated their records. This is unsurprising, because namely in English championship there are ‘fat cats’ of Manchester City. They arranged the most expensive transfers of this summer – Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling – for € 137 mln.
However, transfers are not always estimated in money. Therefore 112 International presents the summer 2015 TOP-10 most important transfers, which must influence the cards in European football.
Transfer, which had to be in this list, but came late: David de Gea, Manchester United – Real Madrid
During the whole summer, mass media were matching MU goalkeeper to Madrid. All was coming to the Spaniard’s return to the homeland. Even legendary Casillas was sent to Porto. But Real’s lateness for 26 minutes in sending documents to FIFA intercepted this transfer. Otherwise, Madrid would have another cool goalee.
10. Carlos Bacca, Sevilla – Milano, € 30 mln
Last year, "Sevilla" again proved itself as a team, close to elite list of European clubs, if not belonging into it. Columbean Carlos Bacca appeared as one of leaders of that "Sevilla". He had managed the double into gates of "Dnipro" in Champions League final. He might not be worth of € 30 million, but his goals and results had caught up Bacca’s value to a serious level, which "Milano" had to face.
9. Raheem Sterling, Liverpool – Manchester City, € 62.5 mln
One of the strangest transfers of the summer. Yes, Sterling has been the leader of ‘Liverpool’. On the other hand, once a year ‘Liverpool’ shows a game of the high level. Nonetheless, "City" appeared to be ready to make Raheem the most expensive Englishman. Sometimes, "City" management’s logic is too hard to understand.
8. Iker Casillas, Real – Porto, free agent
Iker Casillas cannot be perceived apart from "Real". When someone says "Casillas", he means "Real" – or, at last, the Spanish national team. However, the experienced keeper was sent to Portugal, where he could be under national trainers’ advisory. Though, the latter possibly regret after the failure to transfer de Gea from MU.
In place of Casillas there would be Petr Čech, who changed "Chelsea" for "Arsenal". His story is rather similar – legendary goalkeeper, who has been playing in the same club, and now he changes the team. But, despite all Čech’s achievements, Casillas is far more eminent and titled.
7. Bastian Schweinsteiger, Bayern – Manchester United, € 9 million
Another very strange transfer. Bastian has been not just the leader of "Bayern", but its symbol for too long. And selling the own captain to MU for some € 9 million became quite a weird action. Let Bastian be 31 years old, but he is able to show the excellent football and lead his team.
6. Angel Di Maria, Manchester United – Paris Saint-Germain, € 63 million
Whithout Messi and Ronaldo, Di Maria would have got his FIFA Ballon D’Or. And, possibly, not even once. But the player’s "fragility" continuously interfered him. Also, Argentinian’s conflict with MU trainer van Gaal did not allow him to become a "Manchester" star. However, there is always a room for a supernova in Paris.
5. Yevhen Konoplyanka, Dnipro – Sevilla, free agent
It is simply impossible to ignore the first Ukrainian’s transfer into "Greater Europe". Everyone has witnessed Konoplyanka’s excellent speed, technique, and blow. But there were no volunteers to pay 20 million for him. After this, ‘Dnipro’ rejected to let him go. Eventually, Yevhen has waited for ending of the contract and chosen one of the best options. All in all, Champions League and prospects in Spanish championship is the bright future.
4. Douglas Costa, Shakhtar – Bayern, € 30 million
We have already heared that "Shakhtar" is selling its Brazilians for fabulous sums. Furthermore, Costa’s move has been long expected – same as Teixeira’s transfer in future. However, transfer to "Bayern" is the marker of the right positioning of the Donetsk club. If it goes on, "Porto’s" glory as the best seller of Europe will move to "Shakhtar".
3. Arda Turan, Atletico – Barcelona, € 34 million
Let the transfer appear to be too expensive, Turan potentially may replace Xabi at the centre of play-field. Among other, Turan is not able to play till winter. It makes the situation extremely strange – "Barca" is not allowed to get new players until January 1st, 2016. Still, Turan’s future in Catalonia may be quite interesting.
2. Arturo Vidal, Juventus – Bayern, € 34 million
One more footballer, about whom we can repeat “If not for Messi and Ronaldo”. Actually, one of the best players of the world. He has been in "Juventus" for too long, and "Bayern" is the best step forward for the Chilean. Namely, in Munich he can compete with "Leo" and "Cristi".
1. Kevin De Bruyne, Wolfsburg – Manchester City, € 75 million
Bright season in Germany permitted the Belgian to get the invitation and contract from one of the richest world’s clubs. However, England is not Germany. De Bruyne remembers this, because he used to play for "Chelsea". That’s why we will understand whether this transfer is overestimated or not. But during the previous season Kevin has fairly won this status.
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars