Statement of Dynamo on beating black fans during match with Chelsea
Vice-president of Dynamo called it a provocation, because Ukrainian Ultras are controlled well
Vice-president of the "Dynamo Kyiv" Oleksiy Semenenko commented the recent incident of beating the black fans during the Champions League match with "Chelsea".
"This incedent is to here for Kiselyov [Russian journalist and pro-Putin pundit], which sits near the Kremlin or at the Kremlin, did not have to prove anything verbally, but just simply took and showed a picture, and then said:"Look, Russians, look! Ukrainians, beat black people, hey".
"We normally operate together with ultras, we are working with them, we support them. Yes, we do quarrel, it happens sometimes, but it usually happens in the company of the friends. Ultras are not a monolith. They have so many internal movements, and there are those who advocate their terrible things, I just do not want to say it out loud. Those who are conscious, who were on the Maidan or in the ATO fight - I've got an impression that they are afraid of them," said Semenenko.
Earlier it was reported that the "Dynamo" could void points or be eliminated from the Champions League for the attack against the black fans. UEFA will take a decision on the incident October 27.
The incident of beating the foreign fans took place October 20 at Dynamo v. Chelsea football match held at the NSC Olimpiyskyi stadium. Criminal proceedings were launched on preliminary legal qualification on Article 296 (hooliganism) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Offenders are facing up to four years of imprisonment.
The executive director of NSC “Olimpiyskiy” Volodymyr Spilchenko stated that in order to prevent possible attack from Dynamo ultras, during the match the administration of the stadium came to the black fans offering them to change their seats in another section.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case