Sports Arbitration refused Russian athletes to be admitted to the Olympics
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejects the claims/appeal of the Russian Olympic Committee and of 68 Russian athletes
Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne banned Russian athletes at the Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. The CAS Panel has confirmed the validity of the IAAF’s decision to deny applications from these athletes to compete internationally as "neutral athletes" at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, filed on 13 November 2015.
According to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the solution was taken unanimously.
“The CAS has dismissed both the request for arbitration filed by the ROC and 68 Claimant Athletes, and the appeal filed by 67 of the same athletes against the IAAF decision to consider them as ineligible for the Olympic Games in Rio,” - reads the resolution.
Previously International Olympic Committee stated that they shall take into account the Court's decision in reaching their own decision on suspension of the Russian team.
Due to the special urgency CAS publishes only the operative part of the verdict. The full verdict, including a statement of reasons, will be released in the near future.
See also: WADA made public their new report
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars