South Korea presents mascots for 2018 Olympics
White tiger and Asian black bear are to meet event’s guests and participants
The white tiger and the Asiatic black bear became the official mascots of Winter Olympic-2018, reports the organizing committee’s official website.
Both animals are fundamental in Korean mythology and are closely tied to Korean culture and folklore.
Soohorang, the white tiger, serves as a trustworthy mascot for the Olympic Games, as a guardian animal that represents Korea. "Sooho" means it protects the athletes, spectators and the rest of those who participate in the Olympics.
The Asian black bear Bandabi symbolizes willpower and courage.
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case