Rio2016: Some Ukrainian athletes to miss the Olympics opening ceremony in order to be better prepared
Most athletes start their competitions in the first days of the Games
A part of the cnational team will miss the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Rio, to better prepare for competitions. This was announced by the Speaker of the Olympic Team of Ukraine Ivan Bondarchuk on air of T the TV channel "112 Ukraine".
"We are in our combative mood. Half of our athletes is in the Olympic village already, the vast majority of them will start in the first days of the Olympic Games, some of them shall miss the opening ceremony tomorrow in order to be better prepared for the competition. The tails are up, the conditions on the facilities are quite good. The athletes are ready to fight for the best awards," - said Bondarchuk.
Recall the opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympics will be held today at 2 am, Kyiv time. Ukraine will be under the number 195 on the field today.
In total, our team consists of 206 athletes, competing in 27 sports, most of the sportsmen perform in athletics - 65 people. The team also comprises champions and winners of the previous games.
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case