Sky Sports: IOC delays solution in Russia’s part in 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio by end of week
Court of Arbitration for Sport yet has to announce its decision on Russia’s lawsuit to IAAF
Orla Chennaoui, reporter for Sky Sports, disclosed the details at her Twitter page. According to her, ‘IOC's position complicated by Thursday's upcoming CAS decision on Russian track and field team ban. No blanket ban possible while ruling pending’. That was what she posted at first.
However, another tweet said that a lawyer working for Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) told Chennaoui that the IOC has full jurisdiction over the Olympics, including the decisions about including or excluding a player or an entire team from the competition. ‘So technically CAN overrule any CAS decision and ban Russia from Games’, the reporter wrote.
Previously, the IAAF declined application of all Russian track and field athletes for participation in the upcoming Olympics – except for Dariya Klishyna, who resides and practices in the USA.
Under the decision of the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations), international competitions, including the Olympics, will be open only for those Russian athletes who will be able to prove their non-involvement in the doping scandals and the Russian anti-doping system.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain