Russian football players use cocaine "to get out of the binge", - reporter
Earlier, UEFA disqualified CSKA Moscow player Roman Eremenko for 2 years for drugs use
Russian sports journalist Igor Rabiner said he talked to the current player of one of the Russian clubs, who told him that football players of Moscow clubs regularly use cocaine. Rabiner wrote it in an article on "Sport Express".
Journalist was interested in this topic after the disqualification of a Moscow CSKA football player Roman Eremenko, which was accused of cocaine use by UEFA.
Rabiner says that one of the players told him that this is a widespread phenomenon in the Moscow football.
"A few days ago, I spoke off the record with one active player. And I heard that there is a practice in Moscow teams to check the players after the weekend. And some of the players allegedly use cocaine not to get "high", but in order to get out of the binge! "Freshen up and ready for training," the journalist writes.
According to him, in this conversation he heard that some of other well-known players were just lucky and did not get caught.
"They were not the one to go to the doping control at a critical moment. Surnames can’t be made public because it can not be proven. But this story was not the only one…" the journalist writes.
UEFA Europa League: Shakhtar Donetsk overcomes Braga 2-4 8 December, 20:24
UEFA Europa League: Zorya Luhansk loses to Manchester United in Odesa 8 December, 22:32
UEFA Europa League: Braga hosts Shakhtar Donetsk 8 December, 15:37
- europe12:17Freight train derailed in Bulgaria, there are victims
- UKRAINE TOP 11:31Every effort is made to return political prisoners from Russia, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS10:46CIA identified individuals who helped Russia intervene in US elections
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism