Russian athletes banned from performing at Olympics under national flag
Thus, they will act as neutral athletes
The International Federation of Athletics Association (IAAF) allows the Russian athletes to participate in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro only under the flag of the International Olympic Committee. They reported this on the website of the federation.
Thus, the Russians, who were outside of the country and examined in the framework of non-Russian anti-doping system, will be able to "clearly show that they are not spoiled by Russia anti-doping System".
But the sportsmen are not allowed to perform under the national flag of Russia.
A press release from the sports organization says that the Russians have time to apply before July 4, two weeks before the end of the bid period for the Games.
As the President of IAAF Sebastian Coe said, a federal authority "had a very difficult job to come to the present situation".
"We all know that some Russian athletes are considering participation in international competitions under the new rules, so it's important to make sure that they know the criteria on which their applications can be considered", he added.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case