RFL/RL: Russia Publishes Names Of Its Track Athletes Applying For Rio Fast-Tracking
Russia's national athletic federation (ARAF) has published a list of the 68 track-and-field athletes who have applied for permission to compete at next month's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro despite an Olympic ban over widespread doping and signs of Russian state involvement in thwarting such tests.
The list of applicants includes world champion hurdler Sergey Shubenkov, long-jumper Darya Klishina, and pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva.
The announcement comes as Russia faces an unprecedentedly broad ban on athletes in these Olympics, the result of multiple investigations and eyewitness accounts -- including from Russian athletes and former anti-doping officials -- asserting systematic efforts by Russian authorities to defeat the system against cheaters.
The track-and-field applications are now in the hands of the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland, which set up a fast track for the Russian rulings and expects to decide by July 21, just two weeks before Opening Ceremonies in Rio.
Read the full article here.
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case