Russia doping scandal: Athlete that revealed machinations of doping fears for her life
Hackers know Stepanova’s location after breaking WADA system
Russian athlete Yulia Stepanova, who became an informant of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), said that after breaking of her account in the system of the organization, she and her husband fear for their lives.
According to the BBC Russian Service, 30-year-old runner was forced to move from Russia to the United States, after she helped uncover fraud of doping in Russian sports.
The WADA announced that the account in ADAMS, with which the athlete is obliged to inform the agency about her whereabouts, was hacked on August 13.
"The only reason why someone wants to hack ADAMS account is to find our location. We decided it would be safer to change the place of residence", Stepanova said.
At the same time, she noted that if something happens to them, "you know it's not an accident".
As noted, the athlete told about her fears six months after two high-ranking officials of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) died with a two weeks apart.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain