Rio results: August 10 (morning)
The day began normally, but ended incredibly: the failure of the fencers, the success Svitolina and other results of the day
The day began normally, but ended incredibly.
The fourth day of the Olympic Games was marked by a sensational victory for Ukraine in tennis over the world first racket Selena Williams and departures in the fencers.
Bogdan Nikishin reached the 1/8 finals fencers tournament, but lost it to the representative of Switzerland. Another Ukrainian fencer Herey left one step earlier. The team is confident that the Ukrainian team will perform better at the command level.
The archer Sichenikovaya got into 1/16.
But a very pleasant surprise the fans got from a tennis player Elina Svitolina. She met with the top-ranked American Serena Williams. And quite unexpectedly she won in two sets 6-4, 6-3. Her next competitor will be Czech Petra Kvitova.
"Throughout the meeting, I tried not to think about winning. Today Serena did not show her best game. And I tried to fight for every ball most important thing was not to be afraid to attack. I think I did it....", - Elina Svitolina said after the game.
As before, Ukrainian Olympic team has two medals.
- asia11:23Death toll in Istanbul explosions reaches 38
- asia10:49Erdogan made official statement after explosions in Istanbul
- asia10:18ISIS militants enter Palmyra again after nine months, - observers
- POLITICS09:33Trump will face opposition in Congress if he makes concessions to Putin on Ukraine, - Senator
- asia08:47Istanbul explosions: More than 29 people killed
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:55Donbas: Enemy attacks drastically increased
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:19Donbas conflict: 41 attacks reported over past day
- POLITICS21:40French government intends to extend state of emergency until July 2017
- POLITICS21:05Trump's team commented on CIA allegations of Russian hackers intervention
- SOCIETY20:19As a result of explosion in Aden killed 40 Yemeni military
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism