Rio 2016: Ukraine’s athletes reach synchronized swimming finals
Anna Voloshina and Lolita Ananasova performed technical program and bypassed Spanish duo
Ukrainian synchronized swimmers’ duo composed of Anna Voloshina and Lolita Ananasova made it to the final of the Olympic competition in Rio de Janeiro, Unian reports.
They were fifth in the qualifying giving the way to the duos from Russia, China, Spain and Japan on August 14.
Today, however, Voloshins and Ananasova received 93.1358 points, which is the highest score for technical performance of the program, which correspond to the third place. Ukrainians won over Spanish women, and are now behind the representatives of Japan, only by 0.867 points.
Finals of the women's duet in synchronized swimming will be held tomorrow, August 16, at 20:00 p.m. Kyiv time.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case