Rio 2016: Ukraine to march 195th during opening ceremony parade
207 participant countries will march in the alphabetical order, - Ukraine’s National Olympic Committee
The 31st Olympic Games in Rio will kick off today, August 5th, at 8 p.m. (Rio time, - 112 International). The opening ceremony will take place at Maracana stadium.
During the opening ceremony, Ukraine will be marching 195th of 207 participant countries, the country’s NOC reported.
‘The organizers chose to adhere to the alphabetical order; by the tradition, Greece will be opening the procession, while Brazilians are to wrap it up’, reads the message.
The ceremony will last for about three hours; that includes theatrical performance, the parade, the ceremony of lighting the Olympic fire, and raising of the Olympic flag. The athletes, coaches and judges will make oaths, and the Olympic anthem will be performed.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars