Rio 2016: Ukraine ranked 23rd in medal count
The country collected eight medals so far
With another day of 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio, Ukraine stays at 23rd position in the ranking by the number of medals collected.
The U.S. team leads the way with 100 awards (35-33-32). The runners-up are the British with 56 medals (22-21-13). China comes third with 58 awards (20-16-22).
The Olympic team of Ukraine has 2 gold, 4 silver and another 2 bronze medals. The holders of gold awards are gymnast Oleg Vernyayev and canoeist Yuriy Cheban; silver went to Oleg Vernyayev, air rifle shooter Serhiy Kulish, the women’s team of sabre fencers, and Greco-Roman wrestler Zhan Belenyuk. Renowned fencer Olga Kharlan and high jumper Bohdan Bondarenko claimed bronze.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain