Rio 2016: Two Ukraine’s saber fencers overcome first round of fencing tournament
Komaschuk and Harlan will compete with each other in 1/8 finals
Alina Komaschuk beat Italian Rosell Gregorio in 1/16 finals. Ukrainian lost to rival most of the match, including 10:13 in the third period of the duel. However she was able to button Gregorio a few times and won with a score of 14:13.
Olga Harlan easily beat Urulu Garate Gonzalez scoring 15:8.
Another Ukrainian Olena Kravatska gave way to an American Ibtihay Muhammad in a bitter struggle. Rivals went shot in shot for a long time, but in the end the fight rival of Kravatska appeared to be more accurate.
Komaschuk and Harlan competed with each other in 1/8 finals and Harlan won scoring 15:8. Therefore she will present Ukraine at 1/4 finals.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case