Rio 2016: Results as of August 15 (morning)
On Sunday, Ukraine’s main hopes rested with men’s fencing team
Another mishap for the Olympic team of Ukraine at the ongoing Summer Olympics in Rio; the squad of epee fencers (Bohdan Nikishyn, Dmytro Karyuchenko, Anatoliy Gherey) outmatched Russians and reached the semifinals, where they gave it up to Italians (45:33). Then, Ukraine fought for the bronze, but Hungarians defeated them by only two points (39:37). However, it is epee fencing where Ukraine's women team claimed another - the third - silver award for their country. Now Ukraine has three silver medals and a bronze.
Meanwhile, runner Olga Zemlyak finished 8th and reached the final in her event of 400 m race.
High jumpers Bohdan Bondarenko and Andriy Protsenko made it into the final of their competition, too. Both reached the height of 229 cm. The final will take place August 16.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case