Rio 2016: No medals for Ukraine on August 11
The country’s national team has so far claimed three awards, with almost a week of the Games elapsed
Ukraine’s judoka Oleg Bloshenko lost his chance to earn bronze from Ukraine in the respective event on Thursday (weight category up to 100 kg). The award eventually went to Japanese Ryunosuke Haga. The Ukrainian apologized to the supporters, saying he had a bad luck at tatami that day. ‘It’s just a sport, and judo is quite an unpredictable one’, Bloshenko said.
Elina Svitolina, who created a true sensation in tennis by stunning Serena Williams, left the Olympic tournament on Thursday. Petra Kvetova left her no chance in two sets (2-6, 0-6).
Ukraine’s team of rowers finished sixth in their event, having lost almost ten seconds of time to Germany, which eventually collected gold. The women’s team finished fourth – one step away from the bronze. Again.
Ukraine’s women team of epee fencers made it to the semifinals, but lost to their counterparts from the Republic of Korea.
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case