Rio 2016: New gymnastics element named after Ukraine’s Igor Radivilov
Radivilov performed jump, which will now be named after him, Sports Minister says
Ukrainian gymnast Igor Radivilov performed his signature jump complex at the Olympics in 2016, which will now be known as The Radivilov. Minister of Youth and Sports of Ukraine Ihor Zhdanov announced this on Facebook.
"Our gymnast Igor Radivilov fulfilled his super element complex The Radivilov jump at the Olympic Games in Rio. Thus, this element in gymnastics is officially registered in the international rules now. This unique element will always bear the name of Ukrainian", the minister wrote.
Zhdanov said that, despite the lack of medals for competition in the vault, Radivilov set a historic achievement, which Ukraine should be proud of.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case