Rio 2016: IOC bans GIF-files from Olympics materials
International Olympic Committee forbids users to create animated images of Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro
International Olympic Committee (IOC) banned the creation of the GIF-files and short videos from the Olympics 2016 in Rio de Janeiro. The new rules were approved in May 2015, however, the media drew attention to them just now, Russian BBC Service reports.
"Using the Olympics material converted into graphic animations in formats such as GIF (GIFV), GFY and the WebM, as well as short videos, for example, in the Vine, and other services, is strictly prohibited", reads the document.
It is also prohibited to broadcast the Olympic facilities with the help of live video services as Periscope.
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case