Rio 2016: German gymnast to buy horizontal bar that brought him victory
Fabian Hambüchen intends to put the apparatus at a podium in Wetzlar, Germany, where he practiced before the Olympics, - DPA
Germany’s artistic gymnast Fabian Hambüchen who won in the high bar exercise and received another gold medal for his motherland, reported that he’s about to buy this gymnastic apparatus and take it home.
‘After an interview, I walked into the hall with my comrade from Canada to take photos of us at high bars. And then I thought of buying this thing; I thought I would look like a fool if it just stays here’, Hambüchen said.
The German already contacted Spieth Company, which designed and developed the high bar. The manufacturers said there’s no problem in buying the high bar and delivering it from Brazil to Germany. That would cost him about 5,000 Euros.
Hambüchen says he plans to set the high bar at a podium in the training centre of Wetzlar, Germany, where he practiced before the Games in Rio.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas