Rio 2016: First Ukrainian girl-boxer moves on to quarterfinals of Olympics
Kob will meet with Briton Nicola Adams in quarterfinals
Ukrainian Tetyana Kob made it to the boxing quarterfinals of the Olympic Games 2016 in Rio. The press service of the National Olympic Committee reports this on Facebook.
Tetyana Kob, acting in the weight category up to 51 kg, won Stanimira Petrova from Bulgaria with a score of 2:1 (39:37, 37:39, 39:37) in the 1/8 final match.
In the quarterfinals Kob will meet with Briton Nicola Adams. This meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 16, at 17:00 p.m. Kyiv time.
Note that Tetyana Kob is the first female boxer in the history of Ukraine at the Olympics.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas