Rio 2016: First day results
Today USA and China become the leaders of the Olympic standings
Today USA and China became the leaders of the Olympic standings.
USA received the first gold medal of the Rio Olympics: Virginia Thrasher won the final competition on shooting from an air rifle with a 10-meter distance. After the first three rounds the 19-year-old American was on the third position, and then moved to the second. Thrasher won Gold after 11 shots fired.
Silver and bronze medals in this competition went to two Chinese women - Du Li and Yi Siling.
At the same time Ukrainian Natalia Kalnysh did not passed the qualification to the final of the competitions, finishing in ninth place.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case