Rio 2016, Day 3: Athletes to compete in 22 sports
Ukraine’s particular hopes rest with pentathlon, boxing, tennis and synchronized diving
On August 8, Olympic athletes will compete for 14 medal sets in 22 sports.
Ukraine will be represented by men’s team of gymnasts in the pentathlon event. The famous tennis player Elina Svitolina will stand against the British Heather Watson (Round 2). Boxer Dmytro Mytrofanov is to face his French counterpart Christian Assomo (Round of last 32, weight cat. up to 75 kg). Maksym Dolgov and Olexandr Horshkovozov will compete in the 10 m synchronized diving event.
Besides, Ukrainian athletes will today compete in qualifying rounds in their respective events – in table tennis, shooting and archery.
Ukraine’s national team still claimed no awards at the Summer Olympics in Rio so far.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case