RFL/RL: Russia Files Appeal Against Doping Ban From Olympic Athletics
The Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) says it has appealed a ban of its track-and-field team from next month's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro over doping.
ROC spokesman Konstantin Vybornov told AP on July 3 that a case had been filed with the Court of Arbitration for Sport and would be heard on July 19.
ROC's legal department head, Aleksandra Brilliantova, told the TASS news agency that if Russia wins, the Olympic application deadline "will be extended" to let Russian athletes apply.
Read the full article here.
Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council 28 October, 21:34
35000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported 28 October, 17:18
Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report 28 October, 17:29
Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia 28 October, 12:48
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case